CASPer® Professional Health Sciences test
Learn about the test.
Complete the UF supplemental application
Please see instructions below.
Complete the CASPA application
This application is required for most PA school applications
All applicants are now required to complete the CASPer® U.S. Professional Health Sciences test, a situational judgement test and general screening for personal/professional characteristics. The test takes 60 – 90 minutes to complete. Please visit the CASPer® website for details. We do not require the Snapshot component or the Duet component that CASPer offers.
CASPer requires input of either a UF ID number or a CASPA ID number to register for a testing date. You will need to complete one of these applications so that you will have an ID number to use for registration.
NOTE: CASPer scores will only be sent to our program for the test dates that are assigned to UF School of PA Studies listed below. If you select to release scores to UF at time of testing, it will take up to 2 weeks for those scores to be received. If you select to release test scores at a later time, it will take up to 2 weeks for those scores to be received. The CASPer scores must be received on or before our application deadline of August 1.
CASPER Dates*: The CASPer test dates for UF SPAS for the application cycle opening on April 27, 2023 is as follows:
- May 4
- May 23
- June 1
- June 11
- June 27
- July 9
- July 18
*CASPer testing date for our program are not available for registration until the end of March 2023.
2. UF Supplemental Application
A supplemental application to the University of Florida must be completed along with the CASPA application.
- Click the “Complete the UF Supplemental Application” button below.
- Follow instructions to create your account. Once the account is created choose “Online Application”.
- When asked to choose your Program of Study you will click on the “Show All Programs” button. Scroll down to choose Physician Assistant. A box will appear to select the term. Please choose “Summer B 2024”.
- Pay the $30 application fee.
- After paying the fee and submitting the application, print the application summary — KEEP A COPY FOR YOUR RECORDS!
- UF School of Physician Assistant Studies will confirm submission of the supplemental application prior to extending an interview invitation.
- Re-applicants must complete a new application and pay the $30 application fee again.
Application Fee: The fee for applying to the University of Florida is $30 and is non-refundable. Please be aware that if paying by credit card, a $7 service fee will be added automatically for a total application fee of $37.
3. CASPA Application
Applications to the UF School of Physician Assistant Studies must be made through the Central Application Service for PAs (CASPA).
- Application Fee: The fee for utilizing the CASPA application service is $177 for the first application. Each additional program designation costs $51, and must be paid before CASPA will permit application.
All applicants must meet the GRE requirement by submitting scores from the GRE General Test (verbal, quantitative, and analytical writing sections). On test day, use 0427 for the Institution Code.
Applications received without official GRE scores in CASPA on or before August 1 will be considered incomplete.