Learn about the test.
This is the first step of application process for UF.
This application is required for most PA school applications
All applicants are now required to complete the CASPer® U.S. Professional Health Sciences test, a situational judgement test and general screening for personal/professional characteristics. The test takes 60 – 90 minutes to complete. Please visit the CASPer® website for details.
CASPer requires input of either a UF ID number or a CASPA ID number to register for a testing date. You will need to complete one of these applications so that you will have an ID number to use for registration.
NOTE: Reporting of scores to UF will take 3 weeks. The earlier you complete CASPer®, the better. As noted on CASPA, we will not review applications until the CASPer score is reported to us.
In conjunction with UF’s Sept. 1 hard deadline, please choose a testing date that allows for at least 3 weeks of review time.
- May 7, 2020 – 5pm
- May 20, 2020 – 5pm
- June 4, 2020 – 5pm
- June 16, 2020 – 8pm
- June 28, 2020 – 5pm
- July 7, 2020 – 5pm
- July 19, 2020 – 2pm, 5pm
- July 30, 2020 – 5pm, 8pm
- August 11, 2020 – 5pm, 8pm
2. UF Supplemental Application
A supplemental application to the University of Florida must be completed BEFORE submission of the CASPA application.
- Visit the UF Admissions website.
- Click the “Apply” tab at the very top of the page.
- Choose the “Professional” program heading from the menu. BE SURE TO CHOOSE THE CORRECT PROGRAM HEADING.
- Choose the “Apply” button at the top of the page. Follow instructions for creating your account then complete the Online Application being sure to complete all sections.
- When asked to choose your Program of Study you will click on the “Show All Programs” button. Scroll down to choose Physician Assistant. A box will appear to select the term. Please choose “Summer B 2021”.
- Pay the $30 application fee.
- After paying the fee and submitting the application, print the application summary — KEEP A COPY FOR YOUR RECORDS!
- Upload a copy of your completed UF supplemental application to your CASPA application in the “Other” section of Program Documents.
**You will not be able to submit your CASPA application without the Supplemental Application uploaded to your CASPA Program Documents Section**
- Re-applicants must complete a new application and pay the $30 application fee again.
Application Fee: The fee for applying to the University of Florida is $30 and is non-refundable. Please be aware that if paying by credit card, a $7 service fee will be added automatically for a total application fee of $37.
Components of the CASPA application include the following:
- General Information
- Patient Care Experience
- Work Experience
- Narrative Statement
Application Fee: The fee for utilizing the CASPA application service is $177 for the first application. Each additional program designation costs $51, and must be paid before CASPA will permit application.
All applicants must meet the GRE requirement by submitting scores from the GRE General Test (verbal, quantitative, and analytical writing sections). On test day, use 0427 for the Institution Code.
Applications received without official GRE scores in CASPA on or before Sept. 1 will be considered incomplete.
In this time of COVID-19 observation, online GRE testing is available at 24-hour intervals with registration required 72 hours in advance. Added acceptable equipment as of 4-5-2020: Mac® computer with Windows installed. Below are links related to the GRE General Test at-home that will be useful to you:
- Equipment Requirements
- Institutional Webinars on At-Home Testing
- GRE General Test At-Home (General Information)